Last Updated By: Bennett Criss, June 2018
Purpose: Setting Up 2 Factor Authentication for Canvas.
1. Log into Canvas and click "Account" in the top-left. Click "Settings".
2. Click "Set Up Multi-Factor Authentication".
3. Set up your phone for MFA.
- SMS (Text) for Code Generation
- Enter your phone number and select your phone carrier from the dropdown. Click "Send".
- Once you receive the text, enter the verification code from the text.
- Check "Remember this computer" at the bottom. Click "Verify".
- Authentication App for Code Generation
- Download either the Google Authenticator app or the Microsoft Authenticator app from the app store (Google Play or the Apple App Store).
- Add a new account. If you are using the Microsoft Authenticator app, make sure to choose "Work or school account" when prompted.
- Scan the QR code.
- Once the 6 digit number labeled "Canvas" appears, type in the number. Please note that this number will change every 25-30 seconds.
- Check "Remember this computer" and click "Verify".
4. You will be redirected back to your account settings. You're done.