Last Updated By: Aleah DenBoer, June 2021
Purpose: How to set up a printer or copier on a TMU owned Mac.
Please use this documentation for School-Owned Macs. If you would like to print from a personal device, please contact the IT Service Desk.
1. Request the Model and IP address for the printers you need from the IT Service Desk
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 661.362.2876
2. Make sure the Macintosh computer is connected to the TMU wireless network or to masters.edu ethernet.
3. Installing the driver for Canon Copiers
NOTE: If you are adding one of the Canon Copiers, you need to do this step. If not, skip to step 4
1. Download the driver by navigating to www.usa.canon.com/support
2. Under the "Product Type" select the Square with Copiers / MFPS / Fax Machines
5. Under the "Select your device" menu, select Color imageRUNNER ADVANCE
6. Under the "Select your model" menu, select the model name given to you by the Service Desk.
7. Navigate to Drivers & Software
8. Under the Operating System drop-down menu, select your current Operating System (If you do not know your Operating System select About This Mac in the Apple Menu)
9. Click on the driver link that appears below to download (Download latest UFR driver)
10. Install the downloaded driver by opening the downloaded folder and starting the install file. Use the default settings.
4: Setting up the Printer
1. Go to System Preferences >>> Printers and Scanners >>>
NOTE: Click on the IP tab
2. Enter the printer information
NOTE: You want to use LPD and NOT IPP
a. In the Address input box, enter the Printer server IP address given to you by the IT Service Desk.
b. In the Queue input box, enter the share name, (e.g. Registrar Copier)
c. In the Name input box, also enter the share name
d. In the Print Using drop-down menu, select Select Printer Software
e. If you are installing a non-Canon printer:
In the Print Software window that pops up select the software that you downloaded.
This should be in with the other Canon drivers, named as the model of the printer
If you are installing a non-Canon printer:
In the Print Software window that pops up select Generic PostScript Driver
f. Click Add
3. Select the added printer and click on the Options & Supplies button.
4. Click on the Options tab, then select the installed options for the copier (Output Options, External Puncher, etc.)
-Inner finisher D1
5. Check the box for Department ID Management
6. Click on the Utility tab then click on Utility
7. Check the Use Department ID Management box and then supply your Department ID
8. Click Save Settings